Become an adviser
The MSU College Advising Corps (MSUCAC) actively recruits new college advisers each year starting in the fall and accepts applications throughout the winter. The interview process starts in March and ends in April; through this process candidates connect with MSUCAC staff at MSU and representatives from school host sites.
MSUCAC is currently seeking applicants for the 2019-20 program year. Please visit Handshake to discover more about the college adviser position.
POSTING NUMBER: 2254830Apply
The selection process
MSU students from all major backgrounds are welcome to submit an application to become an adviser. The selection process typically follows the below steps:
- Apply online at Handshake
- Participate in one of four recruitment sessions
- Phone interviews with MSUCAC staff will be conducted on an on-going basis with selected applicants
- Participate in a School Showcase to learn more about the schools with open positions
- Interviews with school representatives take place
- Adviser selections are finalized by MSUCAC staff and offers are made in the spring
- MSUCAC adviser summer training occurs for about a month in the summer
To learn more about the process and how you can make a difference, email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect.
- Living allowance (salary) of $24,000 per year
- Education award of $6,095 upon completion of each year to pay student loans or finance further studies
- Health care coverage including dental and vision
- Federal student loan forbearance
- Professional experience to build your resume
for future career or graduate school searches
- Gap year opportunity between undergraduate and
- Extensive training in college access
- A great opportunity to give back to the community
- Opportunities to attend and present at statewide and
Bachelor’s degree from Michigan State University in any major and be within one year of graduation. Applicants must be United States citizens, nationals, or legal permanent residents and at least 18 years of age.